Sunday, 30 December 2007
Friday, 30 November 2007
Monday, 12 November 2007
- Greening the Wolverleigh entrance
- Anti-Idling campaign for Clean Air Day
- Working with Gledhill/Earl Haig
- TRCA’s Aquatic Plants Program and Yellow Fish Road program
- Fun Fair waste-reduction, recycling and composting
- Storm Water management in the school yard
- Bulletin Board
- Tree Planting
- Community Sale
- other new items
Friday, 26 October 2007
- ideas for getting our Eco-Teams together for events like: guerrilla planting, an eco-scavenger hunt, bike rally, FODE planting event in the spring
- anti-idling campaign
- ideas for waste reduction they use at their schools
- greening fundraisers like plant sales and bake sales
- teams (Eco Eagles, Eco Tigers)
- Litter Bug Kits they sign out for their kids to clean up the yard
- composting and recycling at scool
This was an extremely productive meeting that helped us get connected and hopefully foster future projects for our kids to meet each other while greening their community.
Monday, 22 October 2007
Wednesday, 17 October 2007
Sunday, 30 September 2007
Friday, 28 September 2007
We had a very productive discussion that kicked off many new topics and continued many we had on the table at the end of last year.
- There will be 10 Earl Beatty parents and students at the Eco Schools Certification Ceremony at City Hall on the 17th of October.
- The school is organizing an in-school Eco Team!! Martha Brown will be helping to liaise between the school and the parent-run Eco Teams as we continue to support the school's environmental efforts.
- Litterless lunch campaigns will continue in earnest this year
- Solutions to the school sod problem are still being investigated
- Bicycle racks are still a hopeful possibility
- Benches for the playground will be proposed to parent council
- Seed-planting for a potential Mother's Day Plant Sale has been proposed for Feb/March-Dylan's 8-foot-tall sunflower, planted at last year's seed-planting event, has produced 100's of seeds that can be planted by the students in the spring
- A Community Swap is in the works for the winter
- Hoping to connect with the local feeder schools, Earl Haig & Gledhill, as well as our own Beatty Buddies
- Our monthly meetings have been booked for the 3rd Thursday of the month
We are looking forward to a very environmentally friendly year at Earl Beatty. Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions!