Thursday 23 April 2009

Community Clean-Up, Saturday, April 25th from 1pm to 3pm

On behalf of the Eco Team Greening Committee,
you are invited to help clean up our school
grounds and surrounding community on
Saturday, April 25th, from 1 pm - 3 pm.

"I know we usually have it in the morning since 2003, but, I had to move it to the afternoon so that I could actually attend, as I have a course in the
morning. I promise, it will be back to normal next year. Who knows? Maybe we will like it better in the afternoon because it's warmer - I do recall on rainy days or cold days wearing gloves under our clean-up gloves!

Anyway, I wanted to remind you all that we will be covering the school
grounds and adjacent streets: Coxwell to Woodmount, Danforth to Milverton, providing we have enough people.

We will also be cleaning up the front gardens in preparation for the
planting season, so you can bring your rakes, cutters, green waste bags and the like to help out. The City has provided garbage bags and gloves.

I am planning to bring coffee fixings and drinks for the kids and possibly
some baked goods (or maybe Tim Horton donuts, we will have to see) for our
wonderful volunteers. If you have some spare time to bake, it would be
appreciated by all, I am sure. Remember, no nuts or peanuts, just in case.

I hope that we won't interfere too much with family activities, but I do
hope you all can join in this annual spring ritual.

Thanks in advance,

Liza
clean-up day organizer and clip board holder (for a lack of a better
description)"

No comments: